Whether we’re helping a family resolve an internal dispute or going to battle for a person injured in a car crash, we treat all our clients with the respect and compassion they deserve.
From our central office in Austin, we can easily travel to courtrooms all over Texas to represent our clients, and we often do. We can’t guarantee the outcome of any case, but we can guarantee our clients that we’ll do what’s in their best interest and provide honest guidance.
We are known for our personal injury litigation, protecting the rights of people injured by the careless actions of others. But The Evans Law Firm handles many other types of cases, too. Contact us today at (855) 414-1012, or fill out our online contact form, to find out how we can help you.
Get the Help You Need
The attorneys at The Evans Law Firm have nearly 30 years of combined experience, and we take pride in our ability to deliver personalized service for each of our clients. We have successfully represented clients who needed help with:
- Personal Injury. When a party’s careless actions result in injury to another person, the injured party could be entitled to compensation. Personal injury cases often involve car accidents but may also arise for several other reasons, such as defective products or landowner negligence.
- Vehicle Accidents. Inattention, failure to obey posted speed limits, and driving under the influence of alcohol are three negligent behaviors that greatly increase the risk of a crash. Those same behaviors can interfere with one’s ability to operate any type of vehicle – a boat, motorcycle, or ATV, for example. When careless or reckless operation of a vehicle causes harm to others, the injured parties may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and – in some cases – pain and suffering.
- Wrongful Death. Families whose loved one dies because of someone else’s carelessness may experience extreme financial hardship, in addition to grief. If the deceased was a parent, and the primary income-earner, families may wonder how they’ll provide for children’s long-term needs. While there’s no amount of money that can erase the pain of losing a loved one, the legal system at least allows for the offending party to be brought to justice. In wrongful death cases, families may be entitled to compensation based on the projected lifetime earnings of the deceased, as well as damages for pain and suffering.
- Insurance Disputes in Texas. Many people assume that if they’re injured, their insurance will cover their property damage, medical costs, and loss of wages. But the truth is, insurers might look for loopholes that allow them to avoid paying a claim, or to pay less than what they should. An experienced attorney can help hold insurers accountable and get the settlements injured parties deserve.
- Family Law in Texas. Family law encompasses a variety of legal issues families may encounter, divorce being one of the most common. The Evans Law Firm has represented divorce petitioners in court, and has used mediation to facilitate divorces outside of court. Other family law needs might include prenuptial agreements, guardianship, and protective orders.
- Healthcare Workplace Injury. Healthcare workers have a greater risk of on-the-job injuries than construction workers. Healthcare workers can contract contagious illnesses at work, injure their necks or backs when trying to lift and move patients, or be injured by violent patients. Sometimes, worker injuries and illnesses occur because a healthcare provider has failed to provide adequate equipment, establish preventative procedures, or implement security measures. When a healthcare provider’s action or inaction results in harm to employees, injured workers may be entitled to compensation.
- Nursing Home Abuse. It’s unfortunate that families have to worry about nursing home abuse, but neglect and abuse does occur in some long-term care facilities. When nursing homes are short-staffed, workers might be required to work long shifts, and being overtired might lead to carelessness in their work or hostility toward patients. Nursing home contracts can be complicated and limit a family’s ability to hold a home legally accountable for abuse and neglect. A lawyer can help families understand their options.
- Texas Collaborative Law. In collaborative law, parties in a case agree to try resolving their dispute through meetings and discussion, rather than in a courtroom. This softer approach at conflict resolution can be helpful for family law A family law attorney helps facilitate the discussion and represents neither party.
- CLC Claims. The Evans Law Firm is the designated personal injury law firm in Texas for handling claims through Consolidated Legal Concepts (CLC). CLC aid is a part of many employee benefit packages and helps workers connect with lawyers in their area. Employees can use the program to seek affordable assistance with bankruptcy, insurance claims, estate planning, and more.
Contact The Evans Law Firm Today
We understand that people aren’t always comfortable asking for help. They may be unsure if they have a case and worry that if they contact a lawyer, they’ll be obligated to take some additional action. But at The Evans Law Firm, we don’t pressure our clients, and we won’t take your case unless we think it’s in your best interest.
For a no-obligation consultation, fill out our online contact form, or call us today, toll free, at (855) 414-1012.