Buda Personal Injury Lawyer
We Can Help You Obtain Justice
When do you need a Buda personal injury attorney? It depends on what, or who, caused your injury. Accidents happen all the time, and, unfortunately, they often result in injuries, some of which are severe. Some accidents are simply a matter of chance and a part of life that we all must accept. However, when you are injured due to the negligent actions or inactions of another individual or organization, you should consider filing a personal injury lawsuit.
The costs of accidents can be considerable. The combination of expensive medical treatment and rehabilitation, loss of income, property damage, and emotional trauma can cause you and your family to experience financial hardship for both the short and long term.
In Texas, those who are proven to be negligent can be held responsible in a personal injury suit.
The settlement from these proceedings can help you to move forward with your life without worrying about your family’s financial stability. Our Buda personal injury attorneys at Evans/Reilley can assist you with the legal proceedings. Texas law is complicated, and the legal process can be complex and time-consuming.
We have a reputation for leveraging our experience and knowledge, providing high-quality service, and managing the process in its entirety. Allow us to focus on your lawsuit so that you can focus on what’s most important: getting better. Contact us today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Buda, TX, Provide Unmatched Support
Accidents That Result in Personal Injury Lawsuits
There are many kinds of incidents that are caused by negligent behavior and could ultimately lead to a personal injury lawsuit. Our Evans/Reilley personal injury attorneys in Buda have proven experience in managing these cases. Some of the areas in which we are particularly experienced include:
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Burn Injury Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death
Each of these incidents can have serious consequences. The expenses related to your recovery, including lost compensation, property damage and pain and suffering, can be significant. Our Buda personal injury attorney can help you manage the legal process and get you the settlement you need and deserve.
Why Choose Our Team at Evans/Reilley?
Engage Our Buda Personal Injury Lawyer and Get the Help You Need
When you have been injured because of the negligence of another person or organization, your future might suddenly include unexpected challenges. Costly medical treatment, lost income, pain and suffering, and lifestyle changes will all need to be addressed. Evans/Reilley’s personal injury lawyer in Buda, TX, Chip Evans, leads our practice and is ready to go to work for you immediately.
We are committed to justice: Our firm believes that those who behave negligently should be held accountable for their actions.
We have built our practice on aggressively protecting the rights of the injured and successfully fighting for the settlements they need and deserve.
We are experienced: For over 20 years we have been managing personal injury cases in Texas. Our technical knowledge of the law is unmatched. When combined with our familiarity with the local courts and judges, there is no doubt we are the right firm to represent you.
We are committed to client service: Being in an accident is traumatic, and the recovery process is stressful. Our attorneys understand and appreciate what you are going through and recognize that the legal process is both confusing and emotionally draining. We are well-known for our empathetic approach and work closely with our clients to ensure all questions are answered and all concerns addressed. While we will manage the entire legal process, we always keep clients informed and are available to them whenever they wish. We hope that this will help lessen the stress that you feel over the course of your case.
Learn how we can serve you: in our clients’ words.
We have a proven record of success: To put it bluntly, we get results. For years we have been skillfully negotiating and aggressively litigating on behalf of our clients, and our record speaks for itself.
In the end, you want to work with a team that both knows what to do and knows how to do it well: Evans/Reilley.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Buda, TX: What We Do for You
Manage All Administrative Tasks
If you have been injured as the result of another person’s negligent actions or inaction, you are likely suffering. The physical pain of your accident, along with the stress of being hurt, limitations on your ability to work, and your concern for your financial future are a lot to deal with individually, let alone all at one time. When you consider that the incident that caused your injuries was preventable, it’s not surprising that you are angry – and perhaps overwhelmed.
Our Buda personal injury lawyers at Evans/Reilley are ready to step in and help you begin the next phase of your life. We will handle all aspects of the legal process, from beginning to end, so you can focus your energy and efforts on your recovery.
When you have been injured and are looking to file a lawsuit, the paperwork is considerable. Handling your medical bills alone can be overwhelming. The combination of multiple doctors, pharmacies, labs, and rehabilitation bills will keep your mailbox full. Adding insurance companies into the mix makes life that much more complicated. Our team will remove this burden from your shoulders by handling all communications with billing offices and insurance representatives.
Oversee the Legal Process in a Buda Personal Injury Case
As you can imagine, filing a lawsuit requires a great deal of work. Once we have met with you and determined that you do have a viable case, our firm will:
- Gather Evidence: It is our responsibility to make sure we track down all-important evidence (including police reports, medical bills, photos or videos, and witness statements). In order to ensure we have everything we need, we must begin the process as soon as possible. Witnesses’ memories can fade over time and access to reports is easier to obtain when requests are made in a timely fashion. We are ready to begin work on your case immediately. The sooner we can start, the better the chances that we will be able to gather accurate information. The evidence we collect will play a critical role in proving your case.
- Complete and File all Necessary Paperwork: It’s no surprise that a great deal of paperwork accompanies a lawsuit. Once we identify the correct court in which the case should be filed, we will complete all forms with the information you provided to us and submit all documents in a timely fashion. Cases can be lost on a technicality because forms were not properly completed or filed. We are diligent in our process to ensure that every step of your claim is handled appropriately and accurately.
- Prove Negligence: This step is critical; we must be able to show that your injuries were the result of another person or organization’s negligence. In order to do this, we must prove:
- Duty: The individual at fault had a duty to act with a certain level of responsibility to you.
- Breach: The individual at fault did not uphold their legal duty.
- Causation: The accident was a direct result of the breach.
- Damages: You experienced injuries or your personal property was damaged as a result of the accident.
- Negotiate and Litigate on Your Behalf:We always strive to settle cases out of court. Our Buda personal injury lawyers are fierce negotiators. However, if we are unable to settle, rest assured that your case remains in good hands. In situations where we are unable to reach an acceptable agreement, we will not hesitate to move to trial, where we will aggressively litigate on your behalf. Our team will leverage their knowledge and experience to achieve the best possible outcome.
Remember that when you file a personal injury case, time is of the essence. In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is generally two years from the date of the accident that resulted in your injury. This means that it is important that you contact us as soon as possible.
If you do not file your suit within this time frame, you will not be able to seek compensation for your injuries or losses.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Buda, TX, Approach Your Case
Long-term Effects of Injuries
In the short term, the injuries you experience can have immediate and difficult effects, including hospitalization, rehabilitation, and the need for assistive devices. It’s also important to remember that some outcomes can last far beyond those initial days or weeks after the incident. Some of the long-term effects that you might experience include:
- Ongoing health problems: Your injury may lead to chronic pain or difficulties with walking, movement, breathing, or other functions. For example, according to the Centers for Disease Control, among people who experienced a traumatic brain injury (TBI), only 26% had improved five years after the original injury.
- Inability to work: You may no longer be able to work due to a disability or health condition caused by your injury. If you can work, you may no longer be able to do the same job and your earnings might decrease.
- Lifestyle changes:An injury can have a significant impact on your lifestyle, including your hobbies and social life. In fact, studies have found that people with disabilities are much more likely to feel isolated and lonely.
These are only a few of the possible outcomes that you might experience because of your injury. For this reason, determining how much compensation you are owed is much more than just adding up your medical bills. It’s essential to take into account the suffering that you may experience down the line. Our Buda, TX, personal injury attorney can help you look at the full picture of the effects of your injury.
Types of Damages
When you think of the suffering that you experience due to a personal injury, what comes to mind? For many people, pain and suffering refers to physical pain resulting from broken bones, burns, or lacerations. While this is certainly an important form of suffering, it is not the only one.
Pain and suffering can refer to a wide range of damages that victims experience during a personal injury incident, in addition to physical harm.
In personal injury cases, the amount of compensation you receive for physical injuries are often determined with medical bills. However, depending on the circumstances of your claim, you may also be able to seek additional compensation by demonstrating that you experienced damages such as:
- Mental suffering
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress
- A decrease in quality of life
Based on your unique set of circumstances, there might also be other kinds of damages involved. Although we cannot guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of compensation for your damages, our personal injury attorneys in Buda, TX, can help you seek what you deserve.
The Value of Your Economic Losses
With all this in mind, you may be wondering how we will determine the financial losses that you have experienced due to your injury. There’s no simple answer to this question, but these are some of the points we take into consideration:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of adding accessibility features to your home or vehicle
- Services and tasks that you are no longer able to complete independently and must now hire someone to do for you
- Lost income or reduced earnings
- Repairs or replacement of property that was damaged during the incident.
It may be intimidating to think about the potential value of each of these factors, but our Buda, TX, personal injury lawyer is extremely knowledgeable in this area and will consider every aspect of your financial losses while building your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases
Our Personal Injury Lawyer in Buda, TX, Addresses Your Concerns
If you or a loved one has been injured and another person or organization was at fault, you are probably dealing with a host of emotions, with frustration, fear, and anger topping the list. You are also likely to have many questions. Below, we have shared some of the questions that our clients ask most often, as well as our responses.
What should I do if I am in an accident and I was not at fault?
First and foremost, get medical attention. Your well-being should always be your first priority. Additionally, take photos of the surroundings of the accident (if you can) and of your injuries. As soon as you are able, document what happened in detail. Create a list of witnesses for your Buda personal injury attorney. If you did not receive medical attention at the scene of the accident, visit your doctor as soon as possible so that you have medical records on file. Finally, schedule a meeting with an experienced and well-regarded Buda personal injury lawyer.
The insurance company of the person who injured me contacted me. What should I do?
Provide the insurance company representative with our name and telephone number. Do not have any further interactions with them. We know how to communicate with the insurance company. It is important to understand that their primary concern is not your financial well-being. In fact, their goal is to get you to say something incriminating and to convince you to settle for as little as possible. In short, say nothing and let us handle the situation.
Will I have to testify in court?
Our hope is to settle your case during the negotiations phase. We successfully settle most cases before a trial date. However, this is not always possible. If we do have to go to trial, you will likely need to testify. You are your own best witness. Your personal account of the incident and its impact on your life is powerful. We recognize that testifying can be nerve-wracking, and we will work with you prior to testimony and ensure you are appropriately prepared and supported.
What type of damages can I expect to receive?
Texas courts can award the following damages to victims of personal injury accidents.
Economic damages, in general, are easy to calculate and can include all medical costs (emergency transport, hospital care, physician bills, rehabilitation, and medication), in-home care services, future medical costs, lost wages, compensation for lost earnings potential, and property damage.
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify but are no less important. These include emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, disfigurement, disability, and loss of quality of life.
Our experienced Buda personal injury lawyer can help calculate all damages, ensuring that your future needs are accounted for in your lawsuit.
How much can I expect to receive in a lawsuit?
Each case is unique, and damages awarded will depend upon a host of things, including the extent of your injuries, your medical costs, damages to your personal property, and pain and suffering. However, you should be aware that Texas Law is based on proportionate responsibility. This means that if you were partially responsible for the accident, you can still file suit and collect, but you must not be more than 50 percent at fault. The amount you can recover will be reduced by the percentage you were at fault.
We appreciate that you may have a lot more questions. Contact us today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation. At that time, we can learn more about your specific situation and address all your concerns.
Get Help from Our Buda Personal Injury Lawyer Today
If you are thinking about filing a personal injury lawsuit, contact our Buda personal injury lawyers at Evans/Reilley today. We are ready to go to work for you immediately, leveraging our knowledge, experience, and approach on your behalf. Reach out to us at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation.