Buda Wrongful Death Lawyer
We Can Help You Get The Compensation You Deserve
Has someone else’s negligence resulted in the death of a loved one? If so, you may be able to seek justice by filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Although it is possible to file a wrongful death lawsuit by yourself, doing so is extremely difficult. Self-representation is also exhausting, overwhelming, and unlikely to succeed. That is why you should hire Evans/Reilley’s experienced wrongful death attorneys in Buda, TX, to tackle your cases. Skillful, strategic, and compassionate, Buda wrongful death lawyers have extensive legal experience and resources to tackle any case, no matter how complicated or expensive.
We at Evans/Reilley have 20 years of experience in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits. We serve Buda, TX, and other areas in the central Texas area.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys in Buda, TX, Provide Unmatched Support
What Causes Wrongful Death Lawsuits?
Wrongful death lawsuits can be caused by a wide range of accidents, including:
- Vehicular Accidents: Unfortunately, wrongful deaths often occur due to car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Sometimes, one of the drivers is at fault (reckless driving; driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol; or distracted driving, like driving while texting), but other times, accidents resulting in death can be caused by inadequate or incorrect traffic signs, poor road conditions, or even malfunctioning vehicles.
- Work Accidents: Employers are responsible for adhering to safety laws and providing their employees with an appropriate environment in which to work. Unfortunately, individuals and organizations often do not behave according to such rules. Work accidents that result in wrongful death include slip-and-falls and machinery accidents. Our Buda, TX, wrongful death lawyer can help determine if the accident that harmed your loved one qualifies for a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Product Issues: Corporations are responsible for manufacturing safe products. However, defects sometimes are not discovered until accidents happen. Accidents may also happen in the manufacturing process, making certain products dangerous and even deadly.
- Property Accidents ( Premises Liability): Home and commercial business owners are responsible for keeping their property safe. If their negligence results in an issue where someone loses their life (like falling from an unsafe balcony or suffering from an electrical shock), they can be held responsible and face a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and even healthcare systems can all make mistakes that result in the death of a patient. When this happens, a wrongful death lawsuit due to medical malpractice can be filed.
Who Can Sue For Wrongful Death in Buda, TX?
Under Texas law, only the deceased person’s surviving children, spouse, and parents — or one or more of such individuals on behalf of all of them — can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If the surviving children, spouse, or parents do not file a wrongful death claim within three months of the deceased’s date of death, the administrator or executor of the deceased’s estate can file the claim instead.
These lawsuits must be filed within the timeline as established by the statute of limitations. In Texas, this means that you must file within two years from the date that your loved one died.
How Our Wrongful Death Lawyers in Buda, TX, Can Help You
Choose the Best Course of Action for You
Every accident is unique. Depending on the facts of your case, you may have to go to court to maximize compensation. For other cases, accepting a lower settlement offer may be a better choice. A skilled Buda, TX, wrongful death lawyer will analyze your case and determine the best course of action for you.
Build an Evidence-Backed Case
To win your case and get the justice your family deserves, you need compelling evidence. An experienced Buda, TX, wrongful death attorney from Evans/Reilley will help you obtain and preserve this evidence. We will track down all important evidence, including medical bills, police reports, witness statements, and incriminating videos and photos.
After completing the necessary paperwork, we will demonstrate that the deceased’s injuries were caused by another organization or person’s negligence. To do this, we will prove:
- Duty of care: We will prove that the individual had a legal responsibility to behave in a certain way. For example, individuals operating a motor vehicle must follow the local traffic law; and business owners must provide a safe place to work, one that follows all legal rules and regulations.
- Breach: Once we have established a duty of care, we must prove that the individual at fault did not uphold their legal duty.
- Causation: Next, we must prove that the accident was a direct result of the breach.
Communicate With the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company
Insurance adjusters do not have your best interests in mind — they want you to settle for lower amounts. If the at-fault party’s insurance company calls, direct them to your wrongful death lawyers in Buda, TX. We will handle all negotiations with insurance adjustors to maximize settlement amounts.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wrongful Death Cases
Our Wrongful Death Lawyer in Buda, TX, Addresses Your Concerns
If you or a loved one has been injured, and another person or organization was at fault, you are probably stressed, sad, and angry. You probably also have a ton of questions. Here are our answers to the most frequently asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
What type of damages can I expect to receive?
In Texas, wrongful death damages are divided into three categories. These are:
- Economic Damages: These damages are those that can be easily calculated. They may include medical expenses (for treatment before death), funeral expenses, loss of future earnings, and loss of future benefits.
- Non-Economic Damages: These damages are more difficult to quantify but are still very real. Common examples include the emotional pain of the surviving family, the physical pain and suffering of the deceased before death, the anxiety experienced by loved ones, loss of companionship, and loss of consortium.
- Punitive Damages:Not appropriate in every case, punitive (exemplary) damages are awarded to punish defendants and serve as a deterrent for future behavior. These are assigned only when the defendant’s actions were particularly reckless or malicious.
In determining damages, many factors are taken into account, including the age, earnings potential, and responsibilities of the victim; the specific situation that caused the death; and the victim’s assets.
Once a settlement has been declared, it will be divided among the surviving eligible family members in proportion to their loss. It is important to understand that wrongful death cases are filed in Texas civil court; thus, jail time is never an option. A separate criminal trial would need to be held to determine guilt and that type of punishment.
What happens after I call a Buda, TX, wrongful death lawyer?
After you call a Buda, TX, wrongful death attorney, you will meet with the lawyer for a consultation. During the consultation, your Buda, TX, wrongful death lawyer will ask questions about the accident, including where and how it unfolded and what you did after the accident. They will also evaluate your case and inform you whether you have a legitimate lawsuit.
If you have a legitimate case, you can hire an attorney to represent you. Your Buda, TX, wrongful death attorney will then contact the other side to tell them that they now represent you. Your lawyer will handle all future contact with the other party from now on.
How do I know if I need a wrongful death attorney In Buda?
If you have been injured due to someone’s negligence, you should hire a Buda, TX, wrongful death attorney. Experience wrongful death attorneys in Buda, TX, know your rights under Texas law. They will analyze and build your case, file paperwork on time, and fight to ensure maximum compensation.
Contact Our Buda, TX, Texas Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Learn Why Clients Choose Us
Grief is a powerful emotion, and those in the throes of it may find it difficult to make it through the day, much less manage a legal process. At Evans/Reilley, our wrongful death attorneys in Buda have a proven reputation for successfully handling cases like this. We are known for providing the highest quality service in all our personal injury cases.
Our professionals appreciate the pain you are feeling and the stress you are under. We will handle aspects of the lawsuit allowing you the time to process your loss and begin to rebuild your life.
We are the best choice in Buda, Texas, because of our:
- Experience: We have decades of experience handling wrongful death cases in Texas.
- Approach: We appreciate the sensitive situations in which we operate. Our professionals are sympathetic communicators but aggressive negotiations and litigators.
- Reputation: We are well-known for our record of success.
When you engage the Evans/Reilley Buda, TX, wrongful death lawyers, you can rest assured that we will work tirelessly to achieve justice for your loved one. We are committed to proving your case and helping you to get the settlement you need and deserve.
If you have lost a loved one due to the wrongful actions of another, contact us today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation. Once we have a better understanding of what happened, we can help you move forward.