Kyle, TX, Car Accident Lawyer
Despite the terrifying situation of getting into a car accident in Kyle, TX, the best decision you can make is to call a reputable car accident lawyer. Your attorney may provide you with direction on what to do at the accident scene and thereafter so that you can have a more robust claim case when seeking car accident compensation. If your car accident occurs in Kyle, TX, we at Evans & Herlihy have a wealth of experience helping accident victims in the region.
Here’s what our Kyle, TX, car accident lawyers recommend after a car crash in Kyle, TX.
- Call the police on 911.
- Check on the other parties in the crash.
- Request information from the other drivers.
- Document the evidence at the crash scene by taking videos and pictures.
- Never accept fault or apologize.
- Seek medical attention from a licensed physician.
- Call an attorney as soon as possible.
Once the attorneys at our law firm take charge of your case, you can relax and focus on your recovery. We will ensure your claim paperwork is correctly filled out and filed and proceed to fight for your justice. Our car accident lawyers in Kyle are committed to helping vehicle accident victims pursue their just compensation.
Why Choose Evans & Herlihy to Handle Your Case?
Let Our Kyle Car Accident Lawyer Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
When we take your case, we proceed with the firm belief that you deserve to be justly compensated for your injuries. Our car accident lawyers in Kyle, TX, have a history of successfully recovering high-dollar compensation for clients and are available to speak with you about your case.
As a client of Evans & Herlihy, you are our top priority, and your opinion always matters to us. We always keep our clients in the loop, so we will regularly communicate with you about the status of your case. And you can always contact our office to speak with a professional.
We are here to get you the financial resources that will bring some relief to your life. For over 20 years, Chip Evans and Scott Herlihy have been taking on insurance companies that impede car accident victims’ efforts at rebuilding their lives by unreasonably denying or reducing their claims.
Compensation for Car Accident Claims in Kyle, TX
How Much Should You Expect to Receive for Your Car Accident Claim?
Following a car accident, you might find yourself trying to estimate how much you might receive in damages as you seek a brilliant lawyer to handle your auto crash claim case. This is normal, but you should know it can be challenging for you, on your own, to determine how much damages you might receive. When calculating the value of a car accident claim, various variables come into play.
Professionals who frequently deal with car accident claims, such as an experienced car accident lawyer in Kyle, TX, insurance adjusters, and judges, consider these variables when approximating your claim’s worth. These variables include:
- Severity of your injuries: Depending on how intense the crash was, you might suffer minor, severe, or permanent bodily injuries. If you sustain lifelong injuries, you are likely to get a higher amount of compensation compared to if you have severe but treatable injuries. Minor flesh injuries commonly result in the lowest compensation.
- Medical expenses: The settlement you receive will encompass your past, present, and future medical expenses. In most instances, the cost of your medical treatment is directly related to the severity of your injuries. Suppose you have permanent injuries or severe injuries. In that case, you might need extensive surgeries and therapy or require home-based care, which will increase your medical expenses, and you will be awarded greater damages.
- Insurance policy limits: Texas state laws require drivers to have no less than $30,000 auto liability coverage for each injured person and $60,000 per accident. If you end up with lifelong or severe injuries after an accident, the compensation from these policies won’t be enough to cover your medical expenses. Hiring a top-notch Kyle, TX, car accident lawyer will enable you to sue the at-fault driver in their individual capacity for you to obtain appropriate compensation.
- Liability: Texas is an at-fault state that abides by the “modified comparative fault” rule. This rule dictates that the driver who contributes 51% or more to the accident is at fault and liable for the damages. It’s up to the party seeking compensation (the injured victim) to prove that the defendant (the other driver) was liable for the accident, injuries, and losses. You will need strong evidence to prove fault. A Kyle, TX, car accident attorney from our law firm will extensively investigate your incident to dig up more evidence and introduce expert witnesses to strengthen your evidence. Weak evidence commonly leads to a feeble case, resulting in a low settlement.
- Property damage: The property that will likely incur the most damage during a car accident is your car. The greater the extent of your motor vehicle damage, the costlier it will be to repair, increasing your compensation, and vice versa. If your car is totaled, and you need a new car, this might increase the amount of compensation you receive based on its actual cost or replacement cost. An experienced car accident attorney in Kyle, TX will fight for the best compensation for your new car or any other property that you may lose during your accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Car Accident Lawyers in Kyle, TX Are Ready to Answer Your Questions
The laws surrounding car accidents are difficult to understand for many. So, our car accident lawyers in Kyle, TX, have listed a few questions and answers that might help you get a firmer grasp of the process of seeking compensation after a car accident.
Can I seek compensation if I was partially at fault for the car accident?
In many cases, car accident victims share some of the responsibility for their accidents. Under Texas law, victims who are partially to blame for a wreck can still recover damages when they are found to be less than 51% responsible for the accident.
Additionally, victims who are partially responsible for their accidents will see their compensation reduced in proportion to their degree of responsibility.
Is there a time limit for my Kyle car accident attorney to file a car accident lawsuit?
Yes. In Texas, your Kyle car accident attorney must file a lawsuit on your behalf within two years of the accident. After this period has elapsed, you are barred from filing a suit in most cases.
Can a car accident attorney in Kyle, TX, help if I miss the two-year filing deadline?
Possibly. There are exceptions to the two-year time limit, such as when the victim bringing the lawsuit was under a legal disability (i.e., a minor) at the time of the accident. In cases such as these, the time limit is stopped until the disability no longer exists.
Other exceptions to the time limit exist, and it may be worth your time to speak with a car accident lawyer in Kyle, TX to see if you still have a valid claim after two years.
Should I let my Kyle Car Accident Attorney deal with the insurance company?
Yes. As an accident victim, you should know that insurance companies have incentives to flat-out deny your claim or pay you less than what your case deserves. As such, an adjuster will be looking for anything that will allow them to do so, including eliciting a statement from you that may demonstrate your negligence in the accident.
Therefore, allowing a seasoned Kyle car accident attorney to deal with the insurance company on your behalf is in your best interests. Doing so lets the insurance company know that you mean business.
Should I accept the insurance company’s settlement offer?
As the claimant or plaintiff, you have the power to accept or deny any compensation offered by the insurance company. Your car accident attorney in Kyle, TX, will be able to advise you on whether the offer is just.
In some cases, you may be advised to accept the number the insurance company extends. In contrast, other instances may prompt your attorney to advise you to reject the offer and go to trial.
What should I bring to my free consultation with a Kyle car accident attorney?
The more relevant items and information you can bring to your initial consultation, the easier it will be for your Kyle car accident attorney to give a comprehensive evaluation of your case. Official reports and documentation are particularly useful, such as:
- Police and medical reports
- Your vehicle information
- Your driving history
- Vehicle damage statement from a mechanic
- Your insurance policy
- Other driver’s insurance information.
These documents will help your Kyle car accident lawyer explain the potential value of your claim and what steps you should consider taking.
Feel free to call our office to get more answers to questions. We make every effort to clarify any confusion our clients have. And remember, your communications with us are always confidential.
Evans & Herlihy: Big Results When You Need Them
Call Our Kyle Car Accident Lawyers for Sound Legal Guidance
If you or your loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Kyle, TX, please contact Evans & Herlihy as soon as possible to find out if you have a claim. Our legal team is ready to look at the facts of your case and advise you regarding all available legal remedies. We will conduct comprehensive investigations and gather all relevant evidence to establish who is liable for your crash.
Contact us today to find out if you have a valid personal injury claim. Evans & Herlihy will help you recover compensation for your medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Get started now before it’s too late to file a car accident claim in Kyle, TX.
Call Evans & Herlihy today at (512) 732-2727 if you have any questions or concerns.