San Marcos Personal Injury Lawyer
We Can Help You Obtain Justice
When do you need a San Marcos, TX, personal injury attorney? It depends on what, or who, caused your injury. Accidents happen all the time, and, unfortunately, they often result in injuries, some of which are severe. However, when you are injured due to the negligent actions or inactions of another individual or organization, you should consider filing a personal injury lawsuit.
You see, the costs of accidents can be considerable. The combination of expensive medical treatment and rehabilitation, loss of income, property damage, and emotional trauma can cause you and your family financial hardship in the short and long term.
In Texas, those proven to be negligent can be held responsible in a personal injury suit.
The settlement from these proceedings can help you move forward with your life. The San Marcos personal injury attorneys at Evans/Reilley can assist you with the legal proceedings. Texas law is complicated, and the legal process can be complex and time-consuming.
We have a reputation for leveraging our experience and knowledge, providing high-quality service, and managing the legal process in its entirety. Allow us to focus on your lawsuit, and you can focus on getting better. Contact us today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in San Marcos, TX, Provide Unmatched Support
Accidents That Result in Personal Injury Lawsuits
The list of incidents caused by negligent behavior that could ultimately lead to a personal injury lawsuit is considerable. Our Evans/Reilley personal injury attorneys in San Marcos have proven experience with managing these cases. Some of the areas in which we have tremendous experience include:
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Burn Injury Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death.
Each of these incidents can have profound consequences. The expenses related to your recovery, lost compensation, property damage, and pain and suffering can be significant. Our San Marcos personal injury attorney can help you manage the legal process and help get you the settlement you need and deserve.
Why Choose Our Team at Evans/Reilley?
Our San Marcos Personal Injury Lawyer Knows How Best to Help You
All actions have a cause and an effect. Frequently, the cause can be attributed to the negligence of an individual or entity. When the effect of that accident is injury or damage to your property, the challenges you may face can include painful and costly medical intervention, expensive damage to your property, and life-changing injuries, some of which may be permanent.
Texas personal injury law provides a process for you to recover some of the costs related to your accident, but navigating it can be challenging. Personal injury law is complicated and time-consuming, and when recovering from an injury, embarking on such a process may seem impossible.
This is exactly where Evans/Reilley’s personal injury lawyer in San Marcos, TX, Chip Evans, can help. When you engage the professionals at our firm, you will have access to our:
- Personal Injury Legal Experience: With over two decades of experience, our firm has successfully managed personal injury cases on behalf of those living in and around San Marcos, TX, and across the state. We understand the laws surrounding negligence and know how to negotiate with insurance company representatives. Our personal injury lawyer in San Marcos never gives up. If he cannot reach an appropriate settlement in the negotiations phase, he will litigate your case aggressively. Our goal is to maximize your settlement, because we know that the funds you receive are critical to helping you in your future.
- Personalized Service Approach: While experience is pivotal, you want to work with a San Marcos personal injury lawyer that will take the time necessary to ensure that all your needs are met. At Evans/Reilley, we know that no two accidents are alike — nor are any two of our clients. We take the time to carefully investigate each case and communicate in a kind and empathetic manner. You have been through a traumatizing experience, and your concern regarding your bills and future are very real. Our team has a reputation for providing top-notch service — just take a look at what our clients have to say.
- Commitment to Success: When you engage us, you can rest assured that we will dedicate our resources to maximize your compensation award. We are committed to pursuing justice on your behalf and will do our very best to hold those responsible for your accident accountable. We are known for the outcomes we achieve.
The right firm can make all the difference in the world. Reach out to our San Marcos personal injury lawyer today. We are happy to meet with you and share just how we can help.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in San Marcos, TX: What We Do for You
When choosing a personal injury lawyer in San Marcos, TX, you will want to know, at the onset, what to expect. At Evans/Reilley, we believe this information is important. Our team handles everything, from A to Z. Once you understand the responsibilities we undertake, you can begin to relax. Your life likely seems overwhelming. When you work with us, you can commit all your energy to your recovery and know that your injury case is being handled by knowledgeable and experienced professionals. Below we have shared exactly how we can help you.
Manage All Administrative Tasks
If you have gotten injured because of another person’s negligent actions or inaction, you are likely experiencing suffering. The physical pain of your accident, the stress of being hurt and perhaps being unable to work, as well as the concern for your financial future, is a lot to deal with. When you consider that the incident that caused your injuries was preventable, it is not surprising that you are angry and frustrated.
Our San Marcos personal injury lawyers at Evans/Reilley are ready to step in and help you move forward. We will manage all aspects of the legal process, from beginning to end, so you can focus your energy and efforts on your recovery.
The paperwork is considerable when you have been injured and are looking to file a lawsuit. Handling your medical bills alone can be incredibly stressful. The combination of multiple doctors, pharmacies, labs, and rehabilitation bills means your mailbox will be full. When you add insurance companies into the mix, life is just more complicated. Our team will handle all communications with billing offices and insurance representatives.
Oversee the Legal Process in a San Marcos Personal Injury Case
As you may imagine, filing a lawsuit requires a lot of work. Once we have met with you and determined that you do have a viable case, our firm will:
- Gather Evidence: It is our responsibility to track down all-important evidence (including police reports, medical bills, photos or videos, and witness statements). We must begin the process immediately to ensure we have everything we need. Witnesses’ memories can fade over time, and access to reports is easier to obtain when requests are made in a timely fashion. We are ready to begin work on your case immediately. The sooner we start, the better the chances are that we can gather accurate information. The evidence we can identify will play a critical role in proving your case.
- Complete and File all Necessary Paperwork: It is not surprising that a great deal of paperwork accompanies a lawsuit. Once we identify the correct court in which the case should be filed, we will complete all forms with the information you provided and submit all documents timeously.
- Prove Negligence: This step is critical; we must be able to show that your injuries were the result of another person or organization’s negligence. To do this, we must prove:
- Duty: The individual at fault had a duty to act with a certain level of responsibility to you.
- Breach: The individual at fault did not uphold their legal duty.
- Causation: The accident was a direct result of the breach.
- Damages: The injuries you suffered or damage to your personal property occurred as a result of the accident.
- Negotiate and Litigate on Your Behalf: We always strive to settle cases out of court. Our San Marcos personal injury lawyers are fierce negotiators. In those cases where we are unable to reach an acceptable agreement, we will not hesitate to move to trial where we will aggressively litigate on your behalf. Our team will leverage their knowledge and experience to create the best possible outcome.
It is important that you contact us as soon as possible. In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is generally two years from the date of the accident that resulted in your injury.
If you do not file your suit within this time frame, you will not be able to seek compensation for your injuries or losses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases
Our Personal Injury Attorneys in San Marcos, TX, Addresses Your Concerns
If you or a loved one has been injured and another person or organization was at fault, you are probably dealing with a host of emotions: frustration, fear, and anger topping the list. You likely have many questions. Below we have shared some of the questions our clients ask most often, along with our responses.
First and foremost, get medical attention. Your well-being should always be your priority. Then, take photos of the surroundings of the accident (if you can) and of your injuries. Document what happened as soon as you are able. Create a list of witnesses for your San Marcos personal injury attorney. If you did not receive medical attention at the scene of the accident, visit your doctor as soon as possible. Finally, schedule a meeting with an experienced and well-regarded San Marcos personal injury lawyer.
Provide the insurance company representative with our name and telephone number. Do not engage with them any further. We know how to communicate with the insurance company. It is important to understand that their primary concern is not your financial well-being. Their goal is to get you to say something incriminating and to convince you to settle for as little as possible. The best thing to do is to say nothing and let us handle the situation.
We hope to settle your case during the negotiation phase. We settle most cases successfully before a trial date.
However, this is not always possible. If we do have to go to trial, you will most likely have to testify. You are your own best witness. Your personal account of the incident and its impact on your life is powerful.
We will work with you before testimony and ensure that you are appropriately prepared and supported.
To illustrate negligence, your San Marcos personal injury lawyer will prove four things. First, they must establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care. Next, they must showcase that this duty was breached. Third, they must show that the breach caused your injuries. Finally, they must prove that the injuries sustained directly resulted in damages. Our personal injury lawyers in San Marcos are skilled attorneys and understand what the courts need to see.
Texas courts can award the following damages to victims of personal injury accidents.
Economic damages are usually easy to calculate and can include all medical costs (emergency transport, hospital care, physician bills, rehabilitation, and medication), in-home care services, future medical costs, lost wages, compensation for lost earnings potential, and property damage.
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify but are no less important. These include emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, disfigurement, disability, and loss of quality of life.
Our experienced San Marcos personal injury lawyer can help calculate all damages, ensuring that your future needs are accounted for in your lawsuit.
Each case is unique, and damages awarded will depend upon a host of things, including the extent of your injuries, your medical costs, damages to your personal property, and pain and suffering. However, you should be aware that Texas law is based on proportionate responsibility. This means that if you were partially responsible for the accident, you can still file suit and collect, but you must not be more than 50 percent at fault. The amount you can recover will be reduced by the percentage you were at fault.
We appreciate that you likely have a lot more questions. Contact our personal injury lawyers in San Marcos today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation. Here, we can learn more about your specific situation and address all your concerns.
Get Help from Our Personal Injury Lawyer in San Marcos, TX, Today
You may be entitled to compensation if you have been injured in an accident. The San Marcos personal injury lawyers at Evans/Reilley can review your situation and determine how best to move forward. Time is of the essence; we want to be able to investigate your accident while the evidence and your memory are still fresh. The sooner we can gain an understanding of what happened, the sooner we can get to work and help you move forward with your personal injury lawsuit.
Our San Marcos team is ready to go to work for you immediately. We strongly believe that those who behave negligently should be held accountable for their actions, and our practice is dedicated to that end. Contact us today at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a free consultation. Together we can take the first steps toward a better tomorrow.