Georgetown Personal Injury Attorney
Perhaps you or a loved one has sustained car accident injuries resulting from someone’s negligence. You have hospital bills to clear besides costs of daily expenses, but you’ve exhausted all your savings. Don’t allow yourself and your loved ones to suffer because of someone’s negligence. Are you searching for a personal injury lawyer in Georgetown, TX, to assist you in filing a legal suit? Evans & Herlihy personal injury attorneys are here to assist you in filing a personal injury claim to receive financial assistance to see you through.
Why File A Personal Injury Claim In Georgetown?
An accident cripples you financially in addition to the physical injuries and damages. The cost of offsetting medical bills, acquiring expensive medicines and medical equipment, and rehabilitation is always high, especially in severe injuries. The loss of income, property damage and emotional trauma resulting from the accident could plunge your family into a financial crisis.
Texas laws allow you to hold the negligent parties responsible for the accident. Filing a personal injury lawsuit against such negligent parties sets you on the path to financial recovery. Contact us at (512) 732-2727 to schedule a consultation.
Services Offered by Personal Injury Lawyers in Georgetown, TX
Our injury lawyers focus on tort law when filing a claim. Tort law is civil litigation for injuries you have sustained due to the defendant’s negligence or wrongdoing or negligence. Some of the areas that our services at Evans & Herlihy personal injury attorneys cover include:
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Burn Injury Accidents
- Work Injuries
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Wrongful Death.
Why Choose Our Team at Evans & Herlihy?
Engage Our Georgetown Personal Injury Lawyer and Get the Help You Need
When you have been injured because of the negligence of another person or organization, your future is challenging. Costly medical treatment, lost income, pain and suffering, and lifestyle changes will all need to be addressed. Evans & Herlihy’s personal injury lawyer in Georgetown, TX, Chip Evans, leads our practice and is ready to go to work for you immediately.
We are committed to justice: Our firm believes that those who behave negligently should be held accountable for their actions.
We have built our practice on aggressively protecting the rights of the injured and successfully fighting for the settlements they need and deserve.
We are experienced: For over 20 years, we have managed personal injury cases in Texas. Our technical knowledge of the law is unmatched. When combined with our familiarity with the local courts and judges, there is no doubt we are the best firm to represent you.
We are committed to client service: Being in an accident is traumatic, and moving forward is stressful. Our attorneys understand and appreciate what you are going through and recognize that the legal process is confusing and emotionally draining. We are well-known for our empathetic approach and work closely with our clients to ensure all questions are answered and every concern addressed. While we will manage the entire legal process, we always keep clients informed and are available whenever they wish.
Learn how we can serve you: In our clients’ words.
We have a proven record of success: To put it bluntly, we get results. We have been negotiating and aggressively litigating on behalf of our clients, and our record speaks for itself.
In the end, you want to work with a team that knows what to do and how to do it well: Evans & Herlihy.
What Do Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Georgetown, TX, Do for You?
Manage All Administrative Tasks
An accident significantly disrupts your life, no matter what the injuries or damages are. It helps to have the legal assistance of personal injury attorneys in Georgetown, TX, to handle the personal injury claim on your behalf.
Our personal injury lawyers in Georgetown are ready to step in and relieve you of the burden of negotiating with your insurance carrier. We handle the legal process from the beginning to allow you and your loved ones to focus on recovery.
Overseeing The Legal Process Of Your Personal Injury Case
The process of filing a legal settlement case is a challenging task. Insurance companies want sufficient evidence before agreeing to set settlement terms. We focus on building a convincing case by using the following process.
- Gathering Evidence: Some accident victims have missed their deserved compensation because they failed to have sufficient evidence for their personal injury cases. We want to ensure such a situation doesn’t arise in your case. We give you an experienced personal injury lawyer in Georgetown, TX, to collaborate with forensic researchers and accident reconstruction experts to gather sufficient evidence for your case. Every detail, including the forgotten witness statements, counts in your case. Our team also works with the police to obtain a comprehensive report during negotiations.
- Complete and File all Necessary Paperwork: Paperwork is an essential part of a legal suit because it carries relevant information on the case. Our professional Georgetown, TX, personal injury lawyer, completes the paperwork for you, and we closely keep in touch with you by informing you about the latest developments concerning the case.
- Prove Negligence: You receive compensation once you prove to the court or insurance carrier that the accident resulted from another party’s negligence. Negligence must be demonstrated by the following elements:
- Duty: The individual at fault had a duty to act with a certain level of care to prevent the occurrence of the event that led to the accident.
- Evidence of breach: There is evidence that the individual at fault did not uphold their legal duty.
- Causation: The accident was a direct result of the breach.
- Damages: The injuries you suffered or damage to your personal property occurred due to the accident.
- Negotiate and Litigate on Your Behalf: We always strive to settle cases out of court. Our Georgetown personal injury lawyers enter into negotiations on your behalf. Not all disputes are resolved in the courtroom — your attorney may be able to reach an agreement on settlement terms with the insurance company. If that is not possible, the case will proceed to trial in court.
- You have two years to file your personal injury case, according to Texas’s statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits.
If you do not file your suit within this time frame, you will not be able to seek compensation for your injuries or losses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases
We receive many questions from our clients. We’ve answered some of the frequently asked questions here.
Take photos of the accident scene (if you can) and your injuries.
Document what happened as soon as you are able. Create a list of witnesses for your Georgetown personal injury attorney.
If you did not receive medical attention at the scene of the accident, visit your doctor as soon as possible.
Finally, schedule a meeting with an experienced and well-regarded Georgetown personal injury lawyer.
Avoid discussing any details of the accident with the insurance company. The information that you share might be used against you. Contact us at (512) 732-2727 to discuss the details of your case and let us handle the insurance company on your behalf.
We hope to settle your case during the negotiation phase. We successfully settle most cases without going to court. However, the case goes to court if we can’t agree with the insurance firm. In that case, you will testify about the accident and your injuries, but we will ensure that you are well prepared.
Texas courts can award the following damages to victims of personal injury accidents:
Economic damages, in general, are easy to calculate and can include all medical costs (emergency transport, hospital care, physician bills, rehabilitation, and medication), in-home care services, future medical costs, lost wages, compensation for lost earnings potential, and property damage.
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify but are no less important. These include emotional distress, pain and suffering, loss of companionship, disfigurement, disability, and loss of quality of life.
Our experienced Georgetown personal injury lawyer can help calculate all damages, ensuring that your future needs are accounted for in your lawsuit.
Each case is unique, and damages awarded will depend upon a host of things, including the extent of your injuries, medical costs, personal property damage, and pain and suffering. However, you should know that Texas law is based on proportionate responsibility. This law means that you can still file suit and collect if you were partially responsible for the accident, as long as you were not more than 50 percent at fault. The amount you can recover will be reduced by the percentage you were at fault.
Do you have a question that we haven’t answered? Feel free to reach us at (512) 732-2727 for clarifications or consultations.
Get Help from Our Georgetown Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Are you looking for an experienced personal injury lawyer in Georgetown, TX? Reach Evans & Herlihy today at (512) 732-2727. We are ready to go to work for you immediately, leveraging our knowledge, experience, and approach on your behalf.